The Holy City of Ten Thousand Gods
(DECEASED) Rashouk ibn Shelah
The Sultan's sorcerer and Azam's old mentor.
Character Name – Rashouk ibn Shelah
Concept – Village kid turned ancient arcane master; Oliver’s hated tutor.
Lifepaths – Born Peasant, Apt Pupil, Lead to Professional Soldier, Wizard of War, Lead to City Dweller, Sorcerer, Lead to Noble Court, Court Summoner, Lead to College of Magic, Master Summoner, Councillor
Age – 47
|PTGS||Su: B0||Li: B0||Mi: B0||Se: B0||Tr: B0||Mo: B10|
Skills – Administration B3, Astrology B4, Circination B5, Etiquette B4, Falsehood B4, Instruction B3, Obscure History B4, Philosophy B4, Rhetoric B5, Rule of Law B4, Soothing Platitudes B5, Sorcery B7, Strategy Games B3, Summoning B6, Troubled Student-wise B3, Ugly Truth B4, Wine Tasting B3
- The gods of darkness are a blight on our city.
- Nobody must know what I summoned.
- The high priestess of Ishtar is a valuable ally; I must ensure she stays onside.
- Every morning, make my offerings to the spirits.
- Cast Arcane Kindness before entering any serious debate.
- Always show proper deference to the true gods.
Gear – Finery
Property -Summoner’s Workshop, Wizard’s Tower and Library, Wizard’s Staff (sustaining Turn Aside the Blade).
Affiliations – 2D Summoning Order: Spirits of the Desert
Reputations – 2D The Sultan’s Court Magician
Relationships – The Summoned Spirit of Tiamat (Powerful, forbidden, hateful/rival)
Spells or Rituals
- Arcane Kindness: Ob 4^, 10 actions. Grants 1 to 3 extra dice to Seduction, Haggling, Oratory, Persuasion and Circles tests.
- Breath of Wind: Ob 4^, 4 actions. Success: Kicks up dust. 1 over: a breeze. 2 over: Branches knocked down, shutters broken. 3 over: large branches. 4 over: wooden buildings damaged, people picked up and tossed down. 5 over: trees blown down, 12-foot swells. 6 over: doors ripped from hinges. 7 over: sturdy roofs damaged.
- Eldritch Shield: Ob 3^, 9 actions. Shield strength 1 + successes over 3. Reduces incoming spells’ strength on a 1-for-1 basis, ablating the shield. When all shield dice are gone, the sorcerer must make an Ob 2 tax test and test for all his sustained spells.
- Magesense: Ob 4^, 300 actions. The mage sees, hears and smells magic. They may make a perception check at a difficulty set by how subtle the magic is to pinpoint the location of magic. While this spell is sustained, the mage’s Perception counts as Observation when detecting stealthy or inconspicuous characters.
- Persuasion: Ob Will, 4 actions. The sorcerer makes a minor request or suggestion to the target, and if successfully cast they must obey.
- Turn Aside the Blade: Ob 4^, 11 actions. Increases the obstacle to strike the sorcerer by 1 + successes above ob.
- White Fire: Ob 4^, 3 actions. A bolt of lightning flies from the caster’s brow to strike his enemies. Pow: 11, VA 4, DoF determines IMS. Weapon Length: Missile (in Fight), Great Bow (in Range and Cover). On a hit, roll a d6; on a 1 the bolt strikes a new randomly-determined target.
Traits – [Dt] Believer, [Char] Arrogant, [Char] Dismissive, [Dt] Extrovert, [Dt] Council of Mages, [Dt] Gifted, [Dt] Obscure Aura, [Dt] Fearless, [Char] Frustrated, [Dt] Corrupted, [Dt] Palsy, [Dt] Aura of Fear, [Dt] Aura of Malevolence, Spines [Dt]
|Weapon Type||I||M||S||Add||VA||WS||Strike Dist|
1 Two-handed, may not be used with a shield
2 May Great Strike